Come support my latest project!
A Night In Fashion + Music tomorrow at Lure Hollywood! Hosted by Don Benjamin of America’s Next Top Model and special debut performance by Jillisa Lynn!
A portion of proceeds donated to Operation Smile children’s charity!
1439 Ivar Ave
Hollywood, CA 90028
Red Carpet 7pm followed by 8pm show!
This is Suite J’s first time showing the fitness collection. So exciting!
Don’t be afraid to try a wild pair! Leopard print works for me as a neutral I was feeling a little frisky and added the Christian Louboutin Madame Butterfly Leopard Pony Hair 150 to today’s look.
Everyone has those colors that no matter how hard they try, they just can’t escape! Fuchsia is mine. Something about this vivid shade of pink that speaks to all aspects of my personality. Bold, feminine, vibrant, strong, flirty, engaging, confident…I could go on!
What color can’t you seem to escape?
I’ll say it again and again…God Bless America!
A popular misconception is that skin is either LIGHT or DARK when in fact there are endless shades and shade combinations in between! I’m definitely in between lol!
Skin tone is a combination of two hues: hemoglobin and melanin. Your hemoglobin color can be found by looking at the palm of your hand or inside your ear. It can be a value of red (pink or rose), orange (peach), or a value of violet (light violet or mauve).
The second type of skin tone to look for is your melanin color. Your melanin color can be found inside your wrist or on your forehead. Your melanin color is a form of the neutrals black (ebony, blue black), brown (dark black brown, warm yellow brown, light beige, yellow rose brown), gray (taupe), and white (ivory, milky white to brown, grey or cooler white).
There are endless combinations of melanin and hemoglobin tones. This is what makes human beings so unique and beautiful!
Your natural skin tone is the starting point for building your personal color palate.What skin tone are you?
Blog post from www.shopsuitej.com
There’s nothing like cotton. It’s comfortable, breathable, and stretches multiple ways for added comfort.
Don’t underestimate your existing wardrobe! Many of these cute cotton pieces are laying around. Pair these comfy pieces with anything appropriate for the place and occasion. I took my daytime outfit above into the night with a pair of pop color pumps.
What are some of your favorite pieces?
Some of us wear uniforms to work. Some of us follow strict rules that dictate the color, cut, and fit of our daily ensembles. For those of us that have a bit more freedom in our workplace, there is a way express your individuality in a conservative way!
1. Choose a pop color: a pop color is one color that stands out in your sea of neutrals. Pink is my personal favorite, but on any given day your pop color can change. It can be nail polish, ring, belt, or lipstick.
2. Embrace a peplum skirt: a peplum skirt is a great way to add extra flair to your every day pencil skirt. They are especially useful to rectangular shapes and help create an illusion of hips.
3. Add a statement piece: a statement piece is any item that commands the eye. Accessories are a great way to add statement pieces to one’s ensemble. I chose this large gold necklace. It draws the eye upward and helps balance my shoes and skirt evenly across my body.
Prints are scary! Florals, paisley, checkers, houndstooth, stripes, and the list goes on. Have you ever seen someone in a print that they pulled off so well, but you looked off in the same one?
Believe it or not, the print you wear says something about your personality. So how does someone choose their print?
1. Florals are extremely feminine. Smaller flowers work well for people with small bones and petites. Medium flowers for medium and so on…
2. Paisleys are a great print for curvy women because they mirror the natural curves and silhouette in the body.
3. Prints with straight horizontal and vertical lines work best for individuals with a similar lines in their body type. Those with rectangular shapes can wear stripes, checkers, and lines very well!
Questions? Send me some ! I miss you guys!
This weekend I enjoyed some of the most beautiful LA weather these eyes have ever seen!
We have another week until Labor Day, so why not enjoy some all white looks? Here are some tips to tailor your looks to your personality or mood.
1. Lace: white lace is feminine and bohemian. Pair your white lace with different browns.
2. Ruffles: white ruffles are feminine and a bit more flirty than lace.
3. Denim: white denim is quite modern and looks great with a pop color blazer or shoe.
4. Eyeliner: white eyeliner shows up in the lower waterline of the eye and makes most eyes appear larger.
5. Shoes: white shoes are feared by many, but can easily work with funky 80′s and futuristic looks.
I recently launched a new company. Suite J is an accessories only boutique for men and women featuring bold statement pieces.
Accessories are a great way to dress up an existing wardrobe item. Eyewear, jewelry, hats, nail polish, shoes, and purses are all ways we can reinvent the same piece of clothing several times!
Check out www.shopsuitej.com and follow us on twitter for updates!