There’s nothing like cotton. It’s comfortable, breathable, and stretches multiple ways for added comfort.
Don’t underestimate your existing wardrobe! Many of these cute cotton pieces are laying around. Pair these comfy pieces with anything appropriate for the place and occasion. I took my daytime outfit above into the night with a pair of pop color pumps.
What are some of your favorite pieces?
Some of us wear uniforms to work. Some of us follow strict rules that dictate the color, cut, and fit of our daily ensembles. For those of us that have a bit more freedom in our workplace, there is a way express your individuality in a conservative way!
1. Choose a pop color: a pop color is one color that stands out in your sea of neutrals. Pink is my personal favorite, but on any given day your pop color can change. It can be nail polish, ring, belt, or lipstick.
2. Embrace a peplum skirt: a peplum skirt is a great way to add extra flair to your every day pencil skirt. They are especially useful to rectangular shapes and help create an illusion of hips.
3. Add a statement piece: a statement piece is any item that commands the eye. Accessories are a great way to add statement pieces to one’s ensemble. I chose this large gold necklace. It draws the eye upward and helps balance my shoes and skirt evenly across my body.
Prints are scary! Florals, paisley, checkers, houndstooth, stripes, and the list goes on. Have you ever seen someone in a print that they pulled off so well, but you looked off in the same one?
Believe it or not, the print you wear says something about your personality. So how does someone choose their print?
1. Florals are extremely feminine. Smaller flowers work well for people with small bones and petites. Medium flowers for medium and so on…
2. Paisleys are a great print for curvy women because they mirror the natural curves and silhouette in the body.
3. Prints with straight horizontal and vertical lines work best for individuals with a similar lines in their body type. Those with rectangular shapes can wear stripes, checkers, and lines very well!
Questions? Send me some ! I miss you guys!
This weekend I enjoyed some of the most beautiful LA weather these eyes have ever seen!
We have another week until Labor Day, so why not enjoy some all white looks? Here are some tips to tailor your looks to your personality or mood.
1. Lace: white lace is feminine and bohemian. Pair your white lace with different browns.
2. Ruffles: white ruffles are feminine and a bit more flirty than lace.
3. Denim: white denim is quite modern and looks great with a pop color blazer or shoe.
4. Eyeliner: white eyeliner shows up in the lower waterline of the eye and makes most eyes appear larger.
5. Shoes: white shoes are feared by many, but can easily work with funky 80′s and futuristic looks.
Being a business owner is one of the most complex positions for an individual. There are so many daily aspects of one’s business that can not be ignored. Legalities, taxes, human resources, budgets, take up so much time that we often forget to pay attention to marketing.
Luckily, in this day and age, marketing is as easy as ever. Social media has proven itself a powerful way to mass market to targeted audiences. Facebook likes translate to dollars earned. Twitter followers translate to blog traffic.
Brilliant. I recently discovered http://intertwitter.com/, a way to boost any business profile by increasing followers on the web for a small cost.
Buying followers offers a head start to anyone beginning their journey in brand building. Intertwitter is a professional and reliable resource that I used for my new online boutique www.shopsuitej.com. I am so excited about the boutique and look forward to watching it grow! Check it out as well as intertwitter!
Posted in Blog
I recently launched a new company. Suite J is an accessories only boutique for men and women featuring bold statement pieces.
Accessories are a great way to dress up an existing wardrobe item. Eyewear, jewelry, hats, nail polish, shoes, and purses are all ways we can reinvent the same piece of clothing several times!
Check out www.shopsuitej.com and follow us on twitter for updates!
It was April 1st, 2012 when I decided no excuses would be my mantra for the next month of my life. Left, myself on the first day of my six pack challenge. Right, two weeks later.
It wasn’t easy, but over time, it became fun! My body actually craved healthy natural meals and exercise.
Over the next few weeks I want to share some of the ways that I achieved a six pack (ok it was more like 4) in a month and a half!
Thank you so much for being patient. It’s nice to be back to work.
Hello friends! Sorry I have been away so long. I was married on 7/7/12 and I must say that was the busiest time of my life!
If you like weddings, you are in for a treat! I have TONS of beautiful photos, tips, and suggestions.
See you soon!
I definitely love leopard beyond any other print, but there is definitely something so fabulous about almost anything in black & white.
There is something about black and white that is so sharp and timeless.
For the love of prints! What are some of your favorites?
Have you seen someone walk into a room and in less than a few seconds you had a world of adjectives to describe them? Chances are, they made a statement with the way they carried themselves or their appearance. I think we underestimate the power of non-verbal communication.
How do you make your own statement?
1. First, what do you want to say? Do you want to let them know you are approachable? Intelligent? Bold? Think about exactly what you want to say to everyone in the room and aim for exactly that.
2. Is this in congruence with your personality? Sometimes we want to pull off a statement that we can’t back up. There is nothing wrong with this except it can backfire! Definitely don’t want to dress like an expert in a room full of scientists if you can’t hold a conversation once approached.
3. Remember the strongest statements begin with confidence. Confidence is within you, and helps you carry yourself in a way that people see you first, not your wardrobe. We want to achieve harmony in appearance, not have a power struggle.